Saturday, November 14, 2015

Some dumbass thoughts on Paris and ISIS. . .

Below is the rambling thoughts of person who has little knowledge of Syria, the middle east and the like. That said, I cannot help to have questions and concerns after this past Friday in Paris.

I just continue to ask why did Paris happen? Why were roughly 130 people killed and another 300 people wounded?

We know that ISIS has claimed responsibility for those events. Just as they have claimed that they are responsible for the Russian airliner over the Sinai Penisula. Regardless of the truth of these claims, why would they want to make those claims much less initiate and cause those events. 

I do not have any answers here. I am just perplexed. It is not over the fact that ISIS killed on these ocasions. They have a long history of that. What I am perplexed about is why they so seem to want to provoke the west, the Russians, the G20 into a war.

And it does seem that these recent events, these murders, will only provoke the demand for retaliation, a demand to end their Islamic State. You have the richest countries in the world meeting days after the events in Paris. I like Donald Trump get much of my information off the TV. Regardless it seems from where I sit that the Islamic State wants to fight the west and the Russians and anyone else who challenges them. 

And it is that desire to fight such a war that perplexes me. Why would ISIS want to bring the armies and airforces of the various nations of the G20 and others to their new caliphate. Why not just continue to hold onto their existing territory against the Iraqis, Kurds and Syrians. It is said that much of ISIS is the officer corp of Saddam's army, which the US disbanded back 10 plus years ago. The US military has beat that army twice now and I just do not see the third time being a charm.

Nope, at the end of the day in addition to the disgust I feel for these events I also just find myself asking why the Islamic State wants to self-destruct. It seems to be begging for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment